Tuesday, August 12, 2003

I have begun the tedious task of turning my my children's book collection into an actual library for my classroom. This means each book is cataloged and has a information card inside so that when children borrow them I know who to flunk when they don't get returned. Being the organization freak that I am, I got 5 different colors of book cards and have them color coded just for the fun of it. Non-fiction is blue, mysteries are yellow, historical fictions are green, fantasy is pink and the rest of fiction is lumped together on white. I have an index card for each book that tells the title, author, illustrator, basic story line, most prominent topics and publishing information. I can't wait to get the boxes sent from my mom's because I went through all my old bookshelves while I was home. There were lots of classics and personal favorites that I have been unable to find within my price range (25 cents to a dollar). When those boxes get here I should have my collection up over 300. I'm running out of shelf space and I couldn't be happier.

No comments: