Tuesday, August 05, 2003

From Russia with Love

I am having an odd breaking of the fast this morning. It's a habit that I picked up while in Russia and although I haven't been there for...8 years (wow, time flies)...I still get the urge every once in a while. I am currently eating thin spaghetti noodles with butter and parmesan, a couple of vegetarian meatballs (the closest non meat replacement for the cutlet patties they actually served), tomato/cuke salad with sour cream, and juice (it should be tea, but I was too lazy.)

I don't know if this is something that they actually eat for breakfast or if I just thought lunch was breakfast because I didn't get up until noon or noon-thirty on any given day. It doesn't really matter. It was the first meal of the day for most of the 6 weeks I was there. I liked it!

No comments: