Tuesday, August 26, 2003

It's the first day of school. I am thrilled and terrified. Part of me knows that I will be just fine. I always am in front of a group of kids. The other part of me is looking around the office that is my brain - with all the piles and Post Its and stacks of books and lists - and wondering what the hell I just got myself into.

Is my behavior plan going to work?
Are the kids going to like me?
Do I have tp hanging from the back of my skirt?
Did I plan enough to do today?
Is my schedule going to go as planned?
Will the principal be happy with my work?
More importantly, will the parents?
Most importantly, will the students learn what they want/need/are required to?
Will I ever see my darling husband again for more than 5 exhausted minutes in the evening?

On the up side, I was able to sleep last night and there were no nightmares. This is a very good sign. Wish me luck. Keep your fingers crossed. Talk to you later.

No comments: