Thursday, December 23, 2004

2 Reasons for Making a Doctor's Appointment

1. One of the poke holes that they made for the laproscopic gadgets is really bothering me. Several days ago, it barely bothered me at all. Now, it aches all the time and has shooting pains when I bend or stretch. It may be nothing, but I don't like the idea of having more, rather than less, pain as time passes. It seems counter-intuitive to me.

2. My incision is healing well and not hurting at all. Most of it is smooth and nearly seamless with much of the scabbing already falling off. However, the very right side has a very small bulge. It may just be extra scar tissue, but given that the spider induced sit-up caused the most pain in this very area, I am a little bit wary.

I am probably being a baby and it will be a waste of time and money, but I would rather be safe than sorry. For this same reason, I am also considering taking my final week of recovery time off school. I was hoping I could go back right after the break, but I would much rather take the time to heal properly than go back early and than have to take more time off later when I mess something up. We'll see. I suspect Mikey is ready for me to get back to work! :)

No comments: