Wednesday, December 01, 2004

Many Thanks...

I have so many people to thank for helping with this whole process...

Thank you, Mikey, for supporting me through the getting ready, getting cut on, and getting better. I could never have done this without your strength. I will never be able to repay you for sleeping in a chair for two nights, or for attending to my every need so cheerfully for the last few days. I love you more than I ever thought possible and I am continuously stunned by my outstanding luck in finding you.

Thank you, Daddy, for adjusting your hectic school schedule to be with me. You were the first familiar face I saw after the surgery and I really needed to see one at that moment. I love you.

Thank you, Thom and Kathy, for all the rides and attention lately. This whole process was made much smoother simply knowing that you were there to help when needed - emotionally and physically. I love you.

Thank you, Mom, for visiting and chatting with me. Thank you for convincing me to take that extra pain medication this morning. It made all the difference. I love you.

Thank you, Amy and family, for all your smiles, prayers, and support. I couldn't pick a better person to give a kidney to or better people to have as family. I love you all.

Thank you, Dr. Stegall, for your quick, steady hand in the operating room. It was nice to be able to go in with such confidence that things would go well.

Thank you, all my nurses, for your smiling faces and kind words while I was in the hospital. I was able to rest and recupperate much better knowing that you were there to keep me safe. I felt downright spoiled with all the attention and concern that you showed me.

Thank you, Mayo Hospital staff, for the nutritious (and delicious) meals, the prompt service, the excellent healing environment. Thank you especially for allowing my Mikey to stay with me the whole time. I would recommend the Mayo to anyone!

And finally, thank you to all the people - family, friends, and complete strangers - who were keeping us in their thoughts and prayers. I firmly believe that you played an important part in making the prep, surgery, and recovery go as well as they did. I am truly blessed to be surrounded by so many wonderful people. Please know that you are all in my thoughts and that I am eternally in your debt!

No comments: