Wednesday, December 08, 2004

BORED

Yep. Already.

See, the thing is that I have done all the sleeping I can possibly do and there is still 63% of the day left. I have eaten a bowl of cereal/glass of OJ, petted the cats, and read some blogs. I am too sore to sit comfortably (which takes away most of my entertainment - TV, books, sewing, guitar), too limited in my lifting to do the laundry or cleaning that could be done, and too awake to do any more sleeping. What is a girl to do?

The problem mostly comes from cutting back on my pain meds. I am down to 1/2 a dose every 7 or 8 hours. I thought this would be a good thing since I prefer knowing just how my body is actually feeling to the numbness that comes from doping it up, but it turns out that the wonderfully healing sleep I was getting from my multiple naps was coming straight out of that amber bottle. So now I am still only slightly uncomfortable, but I don't have the pleasure of dozing away hours of that discomfort at a time.

Okay. That's done with now. No more whining. I am actually really happy with how I am feeling. I was worried that cutting back on the meds would make it hurt more, but it really doesn't. I am able to sit, stand and lie down, but only for short periods of each at a time. I am able to lie on either side now, although the right side is definitely less sensitive. I am still not walking fully upright - I look a bit like Lucy - but I am not shuffling nearly as much as I used to. Things are progressing exactly the way they should be for me.

Amy Update:
Although most of her numbers are looking good, her white blood cell count is still elevating and they haven't figured out why. Hopefully, the results of the biopsy and blood tests that they did yesterday will clue them in and help them get things under control. It seems that Amy also had some trouble with her incision yesterday. I guess there was a bleeding bruise or something like that and it started leaking out between the stitches. It turns out it isn't anything to worry about, but I am sure it was a little disconcerting. I will let you know when I find out anything about the remaining test results. I am desperately hoping that the latest crossmatch comes back negative.

No comments: