Friday, December 10, 2004

The Healing

My incision is itching like a mother-father. The left side is splitting just the tiniest bit on occasion. Nothing to worry about, but annoying all the same. There is still an angry, maroon bruise along the length of the upper half, but most of the other bruising has reached that sickly yellow-green stage that means it is just about gone. I have gone to taking nothing but Tylenol for the pain and it seems to be going well. The big shadow bruise on my left hand is nealy gone and doesn't hurt at all anymore. My poke-holes are pretty well healed on the surface but continue to pain me a little inside. That is still the more sensitive side although I still wonder if it isn't the visual of a big, empty spot that bothers me most. I am walking up-right once again (although when I am not paying attention, I still curl up protectively out of habit rather than pain). I continue to sleep 12 hour nights with a 1-2 hour nap about half-way between. My appetite is still subdued - I feel stuffed to the point of pain after eating about 1/2 what is normal for me - but that isn't really a bad thing. All in all, I am quite satisfied with how things are progressing, although I am still not getting anything done. It is just too irritating to have to do everything in slow motion and bending over is still an off-limits move. I am hoping that once I reach the 2 week mark (Monday) I will be able to start doing more. I had hopes of getting birthday and Christmas cards out as well as finishing up the tiny bit of Chrismas shopping I am going to do. We'll see.

No comments: