Thursday, December 30, 2004

Out and About

Mikey and I spent last night (and the surrounding hours) with his family. A splendid time was had by all. Except maybe his neice, who was suffering from double ear infections and bronchitis. We played games, ate food, and laughed until we cried. It was quite satisfactory.

In other news, we had a shopping spree on Tuesday that leaves me giddy with pleasure at all the goodies and shuddering with shame at my gluttonous greed. Many of my New Year's goals revolve around freeing myself from the need for things. In the meantime, I will enjoy my new digital camera, my pile of new novels, and all my new sewing materials. And I have to admit, I am having a ton of fun with our new plug and play video game. What can I say? The spirit is willing, but the flesh is weak.

Tomorrow is New Year's Eve. During the day, we will prepare by going over our finances and tweaking our budget system, as well as developing our new goals. The evening will be devoted to games and movies. There will be jalepano poppers, mozzarella sticks, and sparkling cider involved. We'll stay up until midnight, but we'll be sound asleep by 12:30. What will YOU be doing when the ball drops?

No comments: