Sunday, December 19, 2004

Well, Get It Off Me!

When I left the hospital, they told me not to lift anything over 10 pounds for the first two weeks and then slowly build up after that. My biggest concern regarding this restriction is that my own body weight is SIGNIFICANTLY more than 10 pounds and I have been afeared of sitting up using just my stomach muscles. I have done lots of flopping around like a fish and levering myself up with strategically placed hands, arms, and elbows. I have been wondering when is the right time to start using those muscles on their own again. Well, let me tell you, nothing encourages use of stomach muscles like being in a prone position on the couch, seeing your big, manly husband twitch violently, and hearing him say "IT'S ON YOU!".

Several minutes later, we have rescued the poor, hapless spider who dropped in our midst and learned that I am not quite ready to be doing sit-ups yet. Ouch.

No comments: