Saturday, December 04, 2004

Today's Update

I gave some blood this morning and they used it to do another crossmatch test. It seems that there was a bit of a reaction, meaning that Amy's system was starting to notice the foreign object tucked in next to her pelvic bone. They did a session of plasmapheresis as well as giving her some kind of IV drug. She will continue to do this for a couple of days and then have a biopsy on Tuesday. At this point it isn't anything to worry about, and they are glad that they caught it early.

I have been feeling fine. I had to get up quite early to do the blood draw, but I took a very long, very intense nap afterwards. I experimented with lengthening the time between doses of pain meds but decided that I'm not quite ready for that. If I wait longer than 6 hours, I get mighty uncomfortable. If I stay dosed up, though, I feel pretty good. Took the stairs up two flights again today as well as a long shower and a trip to Zorba's for lunch. A busy day for someone 6 days post-surgery.

No comments: