Saturday, June 22, 2002

"...I loved you in ways you never way. And maybe you donot believe this. But I know this is true, feel my heart. Because you broke my heart the hardest, and maybe I broke yours the same way." Amy Tan, The Kitchen God's Wife

When I first started this blog I was going to post about love and hurt and I never got around to it. Now here it is, someone has put into words exactly what I was thinking. I know how much I love someone by how much pain I can endure of their making. I don't mean physical pain. I mean the little hurts. The forgotten promises, the curt words, the prolonged silences. The more I can forgive these daily transgressions on our relationship, the more I know how deep my love is. The ones who break my heart the hardest are the ones that I let back in over and over again. And as much as it hurts, I wouldn't change that for the world. Because I know that these are also be people who mend my heart the strongest. These are the ones who make up my foundation. Who keep me from sinking on days when I am too tired to swim. So I let them hurt me. And they let me hurt them. And we all become stronger for it. Love is pain is strength is healing is love...

No comments: