Saturday, June 29, 2002

My kitties went to the vet today. I hope I don't offend anyone who actually has children...but it is akin to taking your children to the doctor. I feel so badly when they get poked and prodded. I feel guilty for anything that is wrong with them and sad that they don't understand that this is all for the best. I only go to vets who seem to understand that these are my children. They need to ooh and ahh over them and talk to them and all that or I don't go back. Fortunately, we seem to have hit the jackpot with Dr. Gill. He was very friendly and respectful to both me and my babies and he had lots of answers for me. And he has cats of his own...always a big plus!
So, now my little ones are vaccinated and checked up. They are in relatively good health, altho our "big boy" is going to be going on a diet. I guess I knew that 20 pounds was a little overweight! He is not going to be happy about it. I will have to be strong. I can't stand to hear him cry and he knows it!
Speaking of crying, he cried the whole way to the vet, much of the time we were there, and the whole way home. She curled up in the back of the carrier when she could (and in my armpit when she couldn't). They both acted as tho I were torturing them, which I am sure I was. They got back to normal quickly tho once we were home. What a stressful day for all of us.
Those of you who are not "pet people" and have been gagging thru this whole post will be glad to know it is now over. Those of you who can't see enough of cute kitties...go here...Hamumu Employees...skip the people at the top and scroll down to the important members of our team. Aren't they ADORABLE?? They were much younger then, but they still look (and act) pretty much the same! Okay, fair is fair, tell me about YOUR pets...feel free to gush!

No comments: