Sunday, June 02, 2002

Wow! We had the best day! Mikey surprised me with a late birthday present. He had two tickets to "Guys and Dolls" in San Diego. We went down and had lunch in the mall and then saw the musical and then got trashy food from the grocery store for dinner. The play was good, but it wasn't the best one I have ever been to. Gregory Hines' son was one of the main rolls and he got some SERIOUS top billing even tho he wasn't the biggest part and he wasn't the best actor/singer. He didn't even dance all that well. Nothing like a famous daddy to help you rise to fame! There was a black guy who played Nicely-Nicely (one of the guys) and sang "Sit down - You're rockin' the boat!" really well! And an old guy who had a fairly small character, but played it well. All in all, it was lots of fun. I always love going to the theatre and I especially love sharing it with Mikey. He isn't a big fan of musicals but he has taken me for each of my birthdays so far. Just cause he knows I love them. He's the best! Today was great.

Tomorrow I work in the daycare from 8:45 to 5:45 and then I babysit from 6:30 to 10:30. Long day. But I think I am rested enough to do it with good humor! I will tell you all about it later!

No comments: