Saturday, June 08, 2002

I am not cut out for daycare work. It drains me in a way that makes me question my ability to interact with children. I feel like a failure after 8 hours of chaos. I know that it isn't me. I see that all the other teachers there feel the same way, tired, crabby, unable to deal. It is the school. It is poorly organized and has very little rhyme or reason to it's schedule, classes, lessons, etc. But it still leaves me feeling like I have failed. I hate it. I am glad that I am only doing it occasionally during the summer and after that I will not be doing it at all. The one good thing about it is the couple of fabulous people I have met there. Most of them are nice, but a couple of them are great. Just chatting with them a couple minutes makes it almost worth the torture!

No comments: