Friday, June 21, 2002

In the course of the last week, my vacation week, I have finished the following books...
1. The Deathworld Trilogy - a sci-fi
2. Plainsong - the story of several families somewhere in middle America
3. Mouthing the Words - the story of an incestuous, sexual abuse and all its side effects on a young girl's life
4. Lazarus' Child - the story of a child in a coma and the lengths people are willing to go to in order to save her
5. When Dad Killed Mom - the story of two children facing life after domestic violence

I am currently reading To Kill a Mockingbird. I love being on vacation. I can't check enough books out to keep me busy! Okay, that isn't actually true, but I have gladly re-aquainted myself with the habit of reading non-stop all day long. I read in bed after I wake up, I read while I brush my teeth, I read while I watch TV, I read while I eat, I read before I fall asleep. It is WONDERFUL. I was like this as a child. I remember spending many hours reading after the lights had been turned off...either by the light of the moon or by the light of the fishtank. If you have never read like that...I recommend it. Gather together a pile of things that look interesting and just start reading. Don't stop until you are all the way thru! GO! Do it now! : )

No comments: