Monday, June 10, 2002

I usually consider myself a pretty smart person. On nights like this, I wonder. Once again I am watching midnight roll past, wishing I were asleep, knowing that I have to get up early tomorrow and stay up late. Once again I am lying in my bed, eyes closed, mind racing, hoping that if I just stay still long enough I will fall asleep. Once again I have consumed caffeine late enough in the day that I can't get to sleep. I am glad that I have never developed an addiction to caffeine. I don't need coffee to wake up, or a Coke in the afternoon to make it to quitting time. This is a good thing. The one drawback, however, is that any caffeine I DO consume packs a powerful punch. I drank some ice tea with my dinner tonight and now I can't get to sleep. I can lie down. I can close my eyes. I can do a very good impression of being asleep. But my brain is going a mile a minute. It just won't stop. I could just kick myself for having that tea. I knew it was too late and I knew it would do this. Like I said, usually I am a pretty smart person. Oh well.

No comments: