Saturday, June 08, 2002

We got a letter from San Diego Gas and Electric, one of the local power thugs. They have been trying for a while now to get permission to run a big new power line through the Temecula area. Right next to us, in fact. (Well, within a few miles of our house.) The letter was stating that they were required to do environmental research and that part of that research included surveying the land. They were informing us that their surveyers could be around any time from June 3 to sometime later this summer at any time of day and that we couldn't keep them from coming on our land. That went over like a lead balloon with the both of us. As far as I am concerned if they want to see my land they can buy it from me. And since I am in no hurry to leave, it is going to cost them a pretty penny. And I am almost hoping that someone comes by. I am ready to fight! They have no idea how stupid it was to send out a letter telling people that they HAD to do this. Especially since 99.8% of the people in this area are hyper-opposed to the line in the first place. Grr. I hate big, rich companies that think they can walk all over us because we need them. I'll tell you what. I don't need them. 1 - we get our power from a different big, rich, ogre company. 2 - I am perfectly comfortable with the idea of using alternative energy. Hell, in the summer around here, you hardly need energy at all. I have a grill to cook on and I go to bed shortly after dark anyway! (I would have a problem finding water tho!) Ugh. Too many people. I think I'll move to some deserted island.

No comments: