Friday, March 14, 2003

Here's the Friday Five...

1. Do you like talking on the phone? Why or why not?
I like to talk to family on the phone. Largely because that is the only way I get to talk to family. It's better than nothing. I dislike using the phone to talk to strangers or even just acquaintances. I am sure that any time I try to call I will be interuppting something important. I am never sure how long a conversation should be. like to chat, but I hate feeling like I might be wasting someone's time.

2. Who is the last person you talked to on the phone?
I called my friend Angie to arrange our next Girl's Night Out. She IS a phone person and I trust her to tell me if she's too busy to talk. Before that I had a very nice chat with my cousin. Now she knows why I sound like such an idiot when she calls. :)

3. About how many telephones do you have at home?
One in the office, one in the bedroom, and one in the kitchen (this one is portable and has an answering machine). I also have a cell phone. For two people who dislike the phone so much we are very well stocked. This way we never have to go more than a few feet to hang up on a telemarketer. (Which we do, by the way. If there is no response immediately, we hang up. So don't call us if you just took a bite of your sandwich!)

4. Have you encountered anyone who has really bad phone manners? What happened?
The other night one of the "J"s (my Monday night babysitting charges) called. Our conversation:
*ring*
S-Hello?
J-Who is this?
*pause* (I didn't recognize the voice.)
S-That depends. Who is this?
J-I don't know.
We finally got it all straightened out. He had pushed the wrong speed-dial button. Oh, technology.

5. Would you rather pick up the phone and call someone or write them an e-mail or a letter? Why or why not?
E-mail, for sure. Actually, I would love to just write everything on this blog and know that anyone who needs to see it will do so. Then I am avoiding the evils of the telephone while also avoiding repetative typings of the same funny story. I am SSSSOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLazy!

No comments: