Sunday, March 16, 2003

Let's wrap this week up...

Weekly Wrap-Up #46
Spring is almost here!
1. What do you like best about Spring? What do you like least?
BEST: The birds chirpping like mad outside my window. That amazing, glowing shade of green that appears when the trees bud. The plethora of flowers. The plum trees that look like pink cotton candy. Sleeping with the window open again. The smell of freshly turned dirt warmed by the sun. My birthday. The approach of summer vacation. Wearing tank tops. Reading on the front porch with my feet in the sun.

LEAST: More slugs, snails, ants and flies. Kids being stuck inside during recess.

2. What is your favorite Spring activity? Why?
Planting my garden. There is something about the smell and feel of dirt...I feel reconnected to the earth after a winter of hiding inside. I like feeling nurturing and caring as I plant and water and feed my little seedlings. Not to mention my dreams of future meals. Nothing tastes quite as satisfying as a tomato or ear of corn grown, harvested and cooked entirely on your own.

3. What do you do to celebrate the end of winter? Why?
See above.

No comments: