Wednesday, March 19, 2003

Read this...

and then read this...

The trouble is...we aren't so much remembering our history as we are repeating it.

"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." ~ Albert Einstein

What we are doing now is not going to make the world a more peaceful place. What we are doing now is creating hatred and pain. As I have said before, I fully respect and am truly greatful for the willingness of our soldiers to put their own lives at risk to defend a country that I feel is better than any other out there. However, I am saddened and sickened by the willingness to kill in the name of oil and world domination. Manifest Destiny is alive and kicking and the love our soldiers feel for their country is being used and abused.

I send love and hope to the men and women of all nationalities in Iraq with hopes that we get through this crisis of humanity with as little bloodshed as possible.

"When the world is night, shine my life like a light." ~ Indigo Girls

Now I am going to bed so that when my students come to school scared, and they will, I can help them face this war. The only trouble is...I don't know if I can face it.

Peace return to us all.

No comments: