Monday, March 03, 2003

I never did the Friday Five this week! Shame on me!

1. What is your favorite type of literature to read (magazine, newspaper, novels, nonfiction, poetry, etc.)?
I have to admit that my favorite things to read are murder/mystery/horror type stories. I like the action and the suspense and the way things always turn out alright in the end. The bad guy is caught, the good guy is a hero and the girl always gets the guy. Often they revolve around the workings of the human mind, something I am very intrigued by. However, I have been known to read cereal boxes and shampoo bottles if that is all that is around. I am not picky. I read romance, sci-fi, historical fiction, classics, etc. I haven't read a western in a long time, but I read bunches of them in high school. I'll read anything.

2. What is your favorite novel?
I don't think I have a favorite. How can I pick from all the ones I like? I would recommend
anything by Richard Bach (thoughtful)
just about anything by Stephen King (scary/horror)
The Princess Bride by William Goldman (humorous)
anything by Barbara Kingsolver or Amy Tan (drama)
The Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood (scary/sci-fi)
Oh...there are so many...Fahrenheit 451 (Bradbury), 1984 (Orwell), Ender's Game (Scott Card)...Read them all!

3. Do you have a favorite poem? (Share it!)
I mentioned before (on Feb. 4)...I really like the poem from that Tahoe commercial. (I would link to it, but my blog seems to have stopped archiving itself. Stupid blog.) I am also very fond of anything I have ever read by Robert Frost. I like poems that are rooted in nature and reality. I can't handle poetry that is all deep and condescending. My mind glazes over.

4. What is one thing you've always wanted to read, or wish you had more time to read?
I want to read everything. And I wish I had the time to do so.

5. What are you currently reading?
The CA state education standards. Gotta get ready for the next trimester! : )

No comments: