Friday, March 28, 2003

I am not one of those women who get all crampy and bloaty and sore with my period. The side-effects of my cycle are mostly psychological. My ability to adapt to new situations and think on my toes is the first thing to go. Which is rough for someone in my profession. Usually I can face all manner of crisis easily...
Skinned knee?
Bandaged...
Lost pencil?
Replaced.
Child acting strangely?
Surprise visit by a parent?
Answering 4 phone calls in a row while trying to teach 2 different math lessons AND put up a bulletin board?
NO PROBLEM. All in a days work.

But for a few days each month I lose the ability to cope with surprises. It leaves me confused, distracted, frustrated and cranky. It makes my students look bad...until I remember that they are always like this...it's just that normally I like those annoying habits they have. Or at least I can look past them. Ugh. Poor kids.

No comments: