Monday, March 03, 2003

Last night at about 9 pm, I heard a little girl screaming hysterically outside. There was an angry adult voice and then nothing.

This morning at 3:30 am, I awoke to the incomprehensible chatter of multiple loud voices and a single voice shouting over them. "Get the f**k out! Just get the f**k out!" The chatter died down and cars drove off. An eerie silence hung in the air.

I have no idea what kind of people live on the other side of our backyard fence, but I do know that if it ever reaches the point that I can't stand their noise anymore I am going to call the police. There is NO WAY I am going to expose myself to the kind of violence I hear over there from time to time. My heart breaks for the kid(s) that live(s) there. No one should have to grow up in that kind of environment. It's ugly to listen to. I was frightened by being woken up that way. Imagine being the child who is trying to sleep in the same house. Ugh. Some people should NOT be allowed to have children.

No comments: