Tuesday, March 04, 2003

This weeks This or That questions...

1. Soup or salad? Mixed green salad with croutons, cherry tomatoes and bleu cheese dressing for me, thanks. Unless it is cold out and they have Clam Chowder (white, not red).
2. Hot or cold sandwiches? Cold. Honey turkey or bologna. If I'm feeling very adventurous I will get a cold cut trio type thing with ham, turkey and roast beef.
3. White or whole wheat bread (or rye, etc)? Whole wheat. I used to only like white bread because I wasn't allowed to have it when I was growing up. Now I like the same hearty, grainy breads that I was forced to eat as a child.
4. Pack a lunch for work/school, or buy it? Pack one. There are very few school lunches that I would be willing to pay money to eat! I usually make twice as much as we need for dinner so that I have an easy lunch for the next day.
5. If you eat out...fast-food chain, or mom & pop type place? Depends entirely on my preference at the moment. I like McD's. I also like little whole in the wall places. Time is often the deciding factor here.
6. Tuna or chicken salad? Like 'em both. And egg salad. I don't usually make any of them though.
7. Cheese: Swiss or cheddar (or American, etc)? Provelone and Mozzerella are my favorites. Then comes Swiss. Then cheddar (mild).
8. Mustard or mayo? Mustard is blechy. Slather on the mayo, please! This always reminds me of the ongoing debate we had with our dad. He said mayo would kill you. He only used those really strong, brown mustards. I thought those would kill you.
9. Sandwiches: wrap/pita pocket, or regular bread/roll? There isn't a bread in the world that I would turn away from! But what I really like is a fresh, warm loaf of French bread. I cut them in half and make the whole thing into a sub sammy. Then I cut off how much I want for each lunch. Delish!
10. Sweet stuff: cookie/cake or fresh fruit? Fresh fruit. But it is so much easier to store cookies and cakes. If given the choice I would always go for the ripe, juicy peach or pear.

No comments: